Slim is in. The Leviton SmartlockPro Slim GFCI installs easily and with industry-leading quality, professional grade lockout action, and the slimmest profile on the market make SmartlockPro Slim GFCI the smartest choice in ground fault circuit interrupter protection. Faster and easier to install in any wallbox because the depth is reduced, the slim GFCI mounts flush to the wall with minimal protrusion for a sleek, finished look. Enhanced features include external back wiring for positive indication the wire is properly seated, exceptional resistance to wire pullout and the ability to withstand high torque. The SmartlockPro is Tamper-Resistant to meet 2008 NEC Requirements for new or renovated residential construction. By blocking reset of the GFCI if protection has been compromised, SmartlockPro Slim GFCI reduces the possibility of end-users incorrectly assuming that a reset GFCI outlet is providing ground fault protection when it actually is not. A line-load reversal diagnostic feature is provided which prevents the GFCI from being reset and stops power from being fed to the GFCI receptacle face or through to downstream devices. A green LED indicator on the GFCI’s face also illuminates to alert the installer to the line-load wiring reversal.
The Leviton SmartlockPro Slim GFCI Receptacle is also available in White, sold separately.
Features and Benefits
- Reduced depth of SmartlockPro® Slim GFCI makes it easier to install in any electrical box, even shallow ones
- Terminals allow for easy wiring options – back and side wire capable
- External back wire clamps provide visual indication of proper wire seating
- Withstands high torque and resists wire pullout
- Standard brass self-grounding clip
- Automatically test the GFCI every time the RESET button is pushed in
- GFCI will not reset if the GFCI circuit is not functioning properly
- Trip threshold meets or exceeds UL requirements for tripping time
- Improved immunity to high-frequency noise reduces nuisance tripping
- Compatible with all Decora devices and wallplates (wallplates sold separately)
- UL Fed Spec WC-596 rated
- Advanced electronics design provides superior resistance to electrical surges and over-voltages
- Read more