Pool safety is extremely important, especially when there are small children present. We’ve got a few ideas and solutions for parents and families who worry about the possibility of their children accidentally falling into the pool when no one is around. Here are a few safety precautions to consider:
1. Hot Tubs may be small, but they are still dangerous to unmonitored children. Regardless of the size of the pool or hot tub, they still present a risk when it comes to small children.
2. NEVER “step away” and leave children unmonitored in the water – even for 1 minute. Things can go wrong in a matter of seconds and it is important that a responsible adult be present at all times when children are in the pool.
3. Use devices that can detect if something (or someone) has fallen into the pool and will immediately notify you with a loud alarm like the AquaGuard Pool Alarm System or the Safety Turtle Base with Wrist Band.
4. The old “No running” rule still stands. Keeping the pool area mellow significantly reduces the risk of accidentally falling into the pool. Making sure things stay calm around the pool area avoids the risk of a child slipping on the wet ground and possible falling into the pool unintentionally or accidentally bumping another child into the pool.
5. Make sure your children know to only swim when a lifeguard or a responsible adult is watching.
6. Keep a locked, sturdy fence around the pool area so that children cannot wander over to the pool without the guidance of an adult. A Wireless Gate Alarm Transmitter works with the Safety Turtle Base Station and will sound if the gate that it is installed in gets opened and the Yardlock Keyless Wood Gate Combination Lock Kit will ensure that no one without the gate code can enter the pool area.
7. Check the PoolSafely.gov checklist to be sure that your pool area meets all of the CSPC safety guidelines.
- Magnetic sensor system for pool area door/gate
- “Always On” alarm protection
- Adult pass-through auto reset button
- High output 110-115 dB alarm
- Additional magnetic sensor for a second door/screen door
Eliminate the possibility of your children entering the pool area without your knowledge by adding a magnetic sensor alarm to your pool entry way. Pool owners can breathe a little easier with small children around thanks to the Techko S187D Safe Pool’s magnetic sensor system. This safety alert product is designed to monitor a gate or other entryway to your pool area. A high output 110 dB alarm siren sounds when the magnetic contact is broken without pressing the adult override button. Two sensors are included in each system so you can wire an additional gate or door. The system operates a 9V battery (sold separately).
When installed properly, the Safe Pool allows adults to pass through the protected entry/exit and immediately shut off the sounding alarm. The Safe Pool is always in protected mode when powered, and the alarm will sound the instant the door/gate opens more than 1 inch. Once activated, the alarm sounds continuously until the bypass button is triggered. The Safe Pool Magnetic Sensor Entry Alarm is ETL listed and approved under UL 2017 standards. Read More
- Barrier between child and hot stovetops
- Compatible with 30″ wide freestanding stoves
- Prevents burns from scalding water, pans and burners
- Metal construction will withstand temperatures up to 400°F
- “Mom’s Tested Seal of Approval” from Parents Magazine
Over 5,000 children are burned seriously enough by the stove to require emergency room medical treatment every year according to the American Burn Association. The RangeGuard Stovetop Safety Guard was invented with this in mind as it acts as a barrier between young children and the potential dangers they might encounter from freely reaching their hand up onto a stovetop. Simply put, water heated up to 150°F will cause a third degree burn in just 2 seconds of contact. The RangeGuard is designed for use with most 30 inch wide freestanding stoves and while it is not a substitute for adult supervision it will act as a safety aide for the momentary distractions that are inevitable. It is made of durable metal with a special powder coated finish to withstand temperatures up to 400°F. A curious child will still want to pull on the safety guard to find out why you keep using the stove but not to worry because the Stovetop Safety Guard will withstand up to 15 lbs of pulling pressure on each side. The RangeGuard Stovetop Safety Guard does not require the use of any tools during installation and can be setup in a matter of minutes. It has been given the “Mom’s Tested Seal of Approval” by Parents Magazine. Read More