For more than 20 years, Smarthome® has been committed to providing you with a high-quality shopping experience with respect for your security and privacy.
- Orders placed at Smarthome.com are secure. The Smarthome web servers are equipped with industry standard data encryption technology that enables anyone using an HTTPS-compatible browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge) to send and receive data from our servers in encrypted form.
- All of Smarthome’s Internet hardware is maintained in secure facilities accessible only to authorized Smarthome employees and representatives.
- Most browsers give an indication that you have a secure connection by showing a closed lock in the address bar at the top of the browser window. In all cases, the displayed URL will show https instead of http.
- If you get an error when you try to enter secure mode, it may be that you have an incompatible browser or you are behind a firewall that does not support encrypted transmissions. You may need to contact your ISP or system administrator to resolve these problems. Please feel free to place your order by phone at 800.762.7846 Mon-Fri 6:00am – 5:30pm PT, Sat 6:00am – 2:00pm PT.
- In order to process your order efficiently or to send you the correspondence you request, we will need to collect certain information from you. This information may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or credit card number and expiration date, which will not be shared with third parties not playing a role in fulfilling your order.
How Collected Information is Used
The personal data we collect from you remains with our company, our affiliates, and our service providers. Your personally identifiable information will not be made available to third parties by us or persons acting on our behalf. The personally identifiable information we do collect will be used to perform our duties to you. Your personally identifiable information will not be used for any other purpose unless you have given specific consent. You can always revoke your consent for the use of your personally identifiable information by sending an e-mail to that effect to the e-mail address listed below.
- We do not share your e-mail address with any third party solicitors.
- When you order online, you will receive confirmation e-mails and, in some cases, a follow-up e-mail asking to rate your experience.
- Your online order information, including e-mail address, may be retained to provide safety or security notifications regarding a product you’ve ordered.
- We may use your e-mail to notify you that your cart is abandoned before completing an order or of any updates or changes to your account, our privacy practices, or out terms of service.
- If you have registered to join our email newsletter, you periodically get product, solution and sale alert emails from us. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by simply clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any email.
- Any information collected may also be used or transferred as a business asset as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Additional Information Collected
- Information may be collected automatically when you visit the site. This information may include IP address, browser type, browsing device type, and usage information.
- The automatically collected information is not used to identify you but rather is collected to understand how the site is used, monitor website security, and improve the overall site experience. Information automatically collected in this way is periodically deleted within 2 months of collection unless we are under a legal obligation to retain such information.
- The site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13
We store personally identifiable information for as long as it is necessary to perform a service that you have requested or for which you have granted your permission, providing that no legal requirements exist to the contrary such as in the case of retention periods required by trade or tax regulations.
- Smarthome.com uses “cookies,” small files stored by your browser to store the contents of your shopping basket between visits.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent cookies. If you disable cookies on your browser, our shopping basket will not be able to log you in, so please phone your order in at 1.800.SMARTHOME (800.762.7846) Mon-Fri 6:00am – 5:30pm PT, Sat 6:00am – 2:30pm PT.
- Click here to renew or change your cookie consent
- Show detailed breakdown of cookies used on our site.
- You can update your personal information by logging into My Account.
- You may also request an update or deletion of your information in writing using the contact information below.
Effective Date and Updates to this Policy
This Policy applies only to information collected by us. The website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the website and to read the privacy policies of other websites that collect your personal information.
For questions regarding our Policy, please contact our customer care via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This Smarthome Privacy & Information Use Policy does not cover information that is inherent to the operation of the Internet and therefore beyond the control of Smarthome, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation. This policy is subject to change at any time.