- Powered by solar panel or hydrogen fuel
- See-through design to see how it works
- Alternative power teaching aid
- Educational yet also a fun toy
- One of Time Magazine’s best inventions
The Fuel Cell H-Racer is a fun, interactive tool for both kids and adults to take a hands-on approach in learning about how renewable energy works. The H-Racer can be powered by either solar energy or hydrogen fuel. When using the solar panel, energy from the sun will power the fueling station and charge the car’s fuel cell. To power the racer with hydrogen the fueling station needs to be filled with water so that it can draw hydrogen from it; the connected tube will then transfer the hydrogen to the car’s fuel cell for power. The H-Racer was labeled as one of Time Magazine’s best inventions. Included with the kit is a renewable energy educational CD to help further educate users on these cutting edge technologies while also providing an experiment manual and assembly guide. The Fuel Cell H-Racer works great as a classroom teaching aid or for educational entertainment at home.
If your broadband router doesn’t have enough ports for all your computers, you need to add a swtich to your network. Add up to 23 computers to your network with this 24-port Ethernet switch. Connect your broadband router to any of the 24 RJ45 ports, and use the rest to connect computers. Comes with rack and wall mount brackets and rubber feet for desktop use.
- Supports fast Ethernet
- Expand your network beyond your router’s capabilities
- Supports NWay protocol for speed (10/100Mbps) and duplex mode (full/half ) detection
- Supports MDI/MDI-X auto crossover and support full/half duplex operation on all ports
- Supports back-pressure (half duplex) and flow control (IEEE 802.3x)
- Wire-speed packet filtering and forwarding rate
- Store-and-forward architecture filters fragment and CRC error packets
- Provides LED indicators for network diagnostics
- Metal casing with internal power supply
- Rack and wall mount brackets included
The risk of water damage in a home is high. In fact, it is one of the most common home insurance claims. Every year millions of homeowners suffer billions of dollars in losses. But these losses can be reduced or even avoided altogether with the new INSTEON Leak Sensor.
Leak Sensor alerts you so you can stop the leak before damage to your home occurs. Simply add as many sensors as you’d like to the INSTEON Hub* (sold separately) and get instant alerts delivered via text/email to your smartphone. The INSTEON Hub also allows you to add cameras for remote monitoring, motion sensors, door/window sensors and of course control over lighting and appliances in your home.
*The Leak Sensor transmits via radio signals. The INSTEON Hub communicates via power-line only. Please be sure to have a Range Extender/Access Point or other dual-band INSTEON device installed for communication between Leak Sensor and INSTEON Hub.
For more advanced applications, consider HouseLinc or ISY-99. Together with a leak sensor you can activate a whole-house water shutoff valve when water is detected. These solutions also provide text/email alerts as well as more advanced conditional programming.
This easy to use, battery powered leak sensor can provide the early detection necessary to prevent leaks from creating major damage to your home.
The INSTEON Leak Sensor installs quickly and easily – no need to run wires or drill holes. Simply place the sensor near where water leaks may occur. Some common places are:
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Refrigerators (water filters)
- Water Softeners