Pool safety is extremely important, especially when there are small children present. We’ve got a few ideas and solutions for parents and families who worry about the possibility of their children accidentally falling into the pool when no one is around. Here are a few safety precautions to consider:
1. Hot Tubs may be small, but they are still dangerous to unmonitored children. Regardless of the size of the pool or hot tub, they still present a risk when it comes to small children.
2. NEVER “step away” and leave children unmonitored in the water – even for 1 minute. Things can go wrong in a matter of seconds and it is important that a responsible adult be present at all times when children are in the pool.
3. Use devices that can detect if something (or someone) has fallen into the pool and will immediately notify you with a loud alarm like the AquaGuard Pool Alarm System or the Safety Turtle Base with Wrist Band.
4. The old “No running” rule still stands. Keeping the pool area mellow significantly reduces the risk of accidentally falling into the pool. Making sure things stay calm around the pool area avoids the risk of a child slipping on the wet ground and possible falling into the pool unintentionally or accidentally bumping another child into the pool.
5. Make sure your children know to only swim when a lifeguard or a responsible adult is watching.
6. Keep a locked, sturdy fence around the pool area so that children cannot wander over to the pool without the guidance of an adult. A Wireless Gate Alarm Transmitter works with the Safety Turtle Base Station and will sound if the gate that it is installed in gets opened and the Yardlock Keyless Wood Gate Combination Lock Kit will ensure that no one without the gate code can enter the pool area.
7. Check the PoolSafely.gov checklist to be sure that your pool area meets all of the CSPC safety guidelines.
The Skylink Wireless Motion Alert Kit can be placed indoors or outdoors to alert you of security breaches. Using infrared technology, the motion sensor will detect any movement and report it to the Household Alert® Receiver to alert you.
You can set the system to one of three operating modes to be alerted of movement. All three modes will flash an LED to notify you of movement, but you can change the mode based on the audio indicator you would like to receive. Alert Mode beeps when a sensor is activated, Alarm Mode will scare off intruders with a 95 dB siren, and Off will not emit and audio indictation.
A Supervised Sensor is included in the units to monitor their batteries and let you know when the battery life is getting low. Up to 16 sensors (sold separately) can be used in up to 4 zones with this Wireless Motion Alert Kit.
The United Security Products AVD-2001W combines technologically advanced features, ease of programming and reliable operation in a compact, wireless dialer that is compatible with virtually any security alarm system.
The AVD-2001W features a Power Monitoring System (PMS) that constantly operates in the background. The PMS automatically calls up to 4 phone numbers with a pre-recorded message when any of the three conditions have been detected: AC POWER OFF, BATTERY LOW, or AC POWER RESTORED.
Installation and hookup are quick and easy, whether installed in conjunction with normally open, normally closed dry contact or voltage activation sensors. The unit can also function as a stand-alone device, by simple connection to an ordinary telephone jack.
Skylink’s Home Smart Center is an all-in-one alarm and home automation system. As an alarm system, the Home Smart Center control panel will automatically call up to five preprogrammed phone numbers and sound a siren when the system is tripped. When the alarm is not turned on, Home Smart Center acts as an alert system, monitoring your premises and giving you notification of triggered sensors by voice announcement, beeping or LED flashing.
Home Smart Center is also a home automation system, allowing you to remotely control your lights and household appliances. Dial into Home Smart Center from any phone to control your devices when you away from home to give your home a lived-in look and deter would-be intruders. You won’t have to fret that you are wasting electricity by leaving the coffee pot on when a simple call to Home Smart Center can turn it off. A keychain remote is also included so you can begin controlling your devices as soon as you pull into your driveway.
Additional sensor and controllers (sold separately) can be added to Home Smart Center to suit your specific needs.