- Control your entire INSTEON network
- Receive cloud-based email and/or text alerts (leak, door, etc.)
- Setup scenes
- Run timers
- Do this all from your mobile device (iOS or Android)
- Free iOS and Android apps
- No monthly fees
- Now with Dual-Band
If you dream of complete Home Automation control, the INSTEON Hub can make that dream a reality! With the Hub, you can have complete home control and receive alerts from your smartphone or tablet. Control INSTEON light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or text alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you’re away. Just start with the Hub, select the INSTEON devices for your home and enjoy. The Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control INSTEON devices in your home while you’re there or when you’re at work and on vacation. Instructions on how to setup remote access are included in the app or you can call and have INSTEON support set it up for you. Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The INSTEON Hub will send text and email alerts to you as well as anyone else you wish. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app anytime. Also, this autoamtion system requires absolutely no monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can get for free with the INSTEON Hub. Read More
Want to know what triggered a motion sensor, or just check in on the kids or pets? Add a wireless camera and you’ll see it all from your smartphone. The INSTEON Wireless Security IP Camera feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the INSTEON for Hub app is the easiest setup routine that you’ve ever seen and anyone can do it. Read More
- Compatible with existing Z-Wave networks
- Lock/unlock remotely from web-enabled devices
- Receive text and email alerts when used
- View history of last 500 uses
- Touchscreen keypad
- Add up to 25 users and schedule when they have access
- Backlit keypad
The Yale Z-Wave Touchscreen Lever Lock is a silky smooth, high quality lever that will meet your expectations and then some. It can be locked or unlocked from web-enabled devices when near or far. This lock increases security to all parents by sending an e-mail or text message when the lever is used. Since each user can be assigned a different passcode, an alert will be sent when your child has used their passcode. The Lock can add up to 25 users and view history of the last 500 uses. It can be linked to events when a passcode code is used. For example, you can choose to activate a security camera or lighting for multiple rooms. This can all be made possible from work, the park, on vacation, or a business trip. Read More
Pool safety is extremely important, especially when there are small children present. We’ve got a few ideas and solutions for parents and families who worry about the possibility of their children accidentally falling into the pool when no one is around. Here are a few safety precautions to consider:
1. Hot Tubs may be small, but they are still dangerous to unmonitored children. Regardless of the size of the pool or hot tub, they still present a risk when it comes to small children.
2. NEVER “step away” and leave children unmonitored in the water – even for 1 minute. Things can go wrong in a matter of seconds and it is important that a responsible adult be present at all times when children are in the pool.
3. Use devices that can detect if something (or someone) has fallen into the pool and will immediately notify you with a loud alarm like the AquaGuard Pool Alarm System or the Safety Turtle Base with Wrist Band.
4. The old “No running” rule still stands. Keeping the pool area mellow significantly reduces the risk of accidentally falling into the pool. Making sure things stay calm around the pool area avoids the risk of a child slipping on the wet ground and possible falling into the pool unintentionally or accidentally bumping another child into the pool.
5. Make sure your children know to only swim when a lifeguard or a responsible adult is watching.
6. Keep a locked, sturdy fence around the pool area so that children cannot wander over to the pool without the guidance of an adult. A Wireless Gate Alarm Transmitter works with the Safety Turtle Base Station and will sound if the gate that it is installed in gets opened and the Yardlock Keyless Wood Gate Combination Lock Kit will ensure that no one without the gate code can enter the pool area.
7. Check the PoolSafely.gov checklist to be sure that your pool area meets all of the CSPC safety guidelines.
Utilizing the Bluetooth capability of the iOS or Android platform we created a keypad entry right on the screen. Simply tap in your 4 digit PIN and the door or gate is activated. Bluetooth technology was chosen as internet access is not required for accessing remote gates or doors, and as a safety feature, since the garage door or gate should always be in sight when activation occurs. The four digit PIN makes entry quick and easy as well as safe as it is an extra layer of security in the event the device is lost or stolen.
The Tap2Pass receiver can pair with as many as 7 Smartphones, and up to 24 vehicles (cars, motorcycles etc.) equipped with a Flash2Pass transmitter (sold separately). The receiver will work with virtually all garage door and gate openers manufactured since 1982 including AC, DC or solar powered (solar powered gate: power kit available separately), and newer models with ‘smart panels’. Installation is an easy do-it-yourself project and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes using just a screwdriver. Full instructions are included with the Tap2Pass receiver.
- Everyone in the family can have their own remote
- No more trying to remember who had the remote last, or in which vehicle it was left in
- No need to make a mad dash in the rain to enter a PIN in the keypad and wait while the door opens
- iOS App available on iTunes or Android App available on Googe Play
- Keypad entry right on the screen – 4 digit PIN makes entry quick and easy
Introduce this door lock Entry Lever into a pre-existing Z-Wave network to further broaden the connectivity of Z-Wave enabled products to include the front door. A Z-Wave network is made up of Z-Wave enabled products that will wirelessly communicate with one another, and you, over the internet through a computer or Smartphone. Having a Schlage LiNK Wireless Z-Wave Keypad Entry Lever installed will provide the benefit of increased home security and convenience.
Featuring a 128 bit AES security encryption, this Z-Wave Keypad Entry Lever is capable of storing up to 19 personalized 4 digit access codes. Each family member can have their own unique code for access while at the same time assign emergency access codes for friends and neighbors or special one-time access codes. Web based access to this system from a Smartphone or computer is also available and provides the ability to manage the doors status when not at home leaving the peace of mind to know your home is safe. Remote access of this system does require a low, monthly fee which users can activate by contacting Schlage customer service.
Smartphone’s can do just about everything from music to games to even depositing checks to a bank and now with the SecuRemote™ from First Watch Security they can open and close a garage door. The SecuRemote device connects to the garage door operator and then pairs to your Smartphone through a Bluetooth connection once the free SecuRemote app has been downloaded. It is compatible with Droid, iPhone and Blackberry and the app can be downloaded in each device’s app store or marketplace. Once installed the local mode allows for up to 5 users to control the garage with the initial phone that is connected being the system administrator. The system administrator is able to then add or remove up to 4 additional phones and assign each either unlimited or temporary access. If providing access to more than 5 users is desired this can be done in online mode (annual subscription required) which allows for unlimited users and access from anywhere with web-access. After setup the connected phones will be able to operate the SecuRemote device using Bluetooth within a range of 60 to 100 feet. To power the SecuRemote it will need access to a 110 volt AC outlet upon connection to the garage door operator. The SecuRemote digital key is unique to the assigned Smartphone(s) and has 128-bit encrypted transmission.
- Z-Wave technology allows wireless communication with other devices on your Z-Wave network
- Unlock remotely via Smartphone or computer
- Full 128 bit AES security encryption
- As many as 19 personalized 4 digit codes
- Hassle free installation
You’ll never need a key to enter your home again with the Schlage LiNK Wireless Z-Wave Keypad Entry Lever. Featuring a 128 bit AES security encryption, this Z-Wave Keypad Entry Lever is capable of storing up to 19 personalized 4 digit access codes. Each family member can have their own unique code for access while at the same time assign emergency access codes for friends and neighbors or special one-time access codes. Web based access to this system from a Smartphone or computer is also available and provides the ability to manage the doors status when not at home leaving the peace of mind to know your home is safe. Remote access of this system does require a low, monthly fee which users can activate by contacting Schlage customer service. By assigning unique, personalized access codes to family members you can keep track of who is home by setting up the system to send an email or text alert upon entry. This is ideal for a situation like ensuring that your child has made it home from school safely. Another convenient feature is the ability to unlock the door remotely using an internet enabled Smartphone or computer from anywhere in the world provided a valid internet connection is available. The benefit to this is if a neighbor unexpectedly needs access to your home, the door can be unlocked via a phone or computer to grant them access.
Not only is the Schlage LiNK Wireless Z-Wave Keypad Entry Lever good for conveniently locking and unlocking your door, when connected to other Z-Wave devices then the convenience doesn’t stop at simply being able to have remote access. It can also be programmed to a Z-Wave enabled thermostat, which can be set so that upon punching in a personalized access code to the door keypad the thermostat will automatically change to a pre-set desired temperature. This is just one example of the many possibilities a Z-Wave network of products offer. Read More