Price Drop Alert! Hurry and get great pre-holiday deals on all Velleman DIY kits and tools!
1. Velleman VTMUS3 Crimping Tool Kit for Network Cables –
Normally $110.00 Hot Deal $88.96
- Crimping tool
- LAN tester
- UTP/STP wire stripper/cutter
- Punch down tool
- 125 Modular plugs
2. Velleman VL2500HUF Ultrafast Charger for Ni-MH AA and AAA Batteries –
Normally $107.40 Hot Deal $64.70
- Charges one to four batteries at a time
- Automatic charge current selection
- Includes adapter for charging batteries in your car
3. Velleman DVM3218 Pen-Type Digital Multimeter –
Normally $67.90 Hot Deal $41.96
- Auto range or manual range
- Data-hold function
- Auto power-off
- Diode and continuity test
- Voltage measurements, current measurements,resistance measurements
Click here to check out all of our Velleman products!
- Control any door with a 4-button remote
- Works with inward or outward swinging doors
- Compatible with left and right hand doors
- Includes electromagnetic lock for added security
Skylink has an affordable and convenient interior swing door operation for you. The Swing Door Opener with Magnetic Lock is useful in many situations, such as those who are handicapped or people making numerous trips from the outside with their hands full. It can be controlled with a wireless remote, wall button or keypad, or automatically by a motion sensor. The Swing Door Opener operates almost on all types of doors and is suitable for in-swing left or right, as well as out-swing left or right doors. It allows for a timer option which will automatically close between 10 and 50 seconds. The ability to still close the door manually and the obstacle detection feature are two more added reasons why the Swing Door Opener is so great! Read More
- Control your entire INSTEON network
- Receive cloud-based email and/or text alerts (leak, door, etc.)
- Setup scenes
- Run timers
- Do this all from your mobile device (iOS or Android)
- Free iOS and Android apps
- No monthly fees
- Now with Dual-Band
If you dream of complete Home Automation control, the INSTEON Hub can make that dream a reality! With the Hub, you can have complete home control and receive alerts from your smartphone or tablet. Control INSTEON light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats. Receive instant email or text alerts from motion and water leak sensors while you’re away. Just start with the Hub, select the INSTEON devices for your home and enjoy. The Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control INSTEON devices in your home while you’re there or when you’re at work and on vacation. Instructions on how to setup remote access are included in the app or you can call and have INSTEON support set it up for you. Create alerts by adding water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors and more. The INSTEON Hub will send text and email alerts to you as well as anyone else you wish. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app anytime. Also, this autoamtion system requires absolutely no monthly fees to view, control and monitor your home. Other systems on the market charge hundreds of dollars a year for services that you can get for free with the INSTEON Hub. Read More
Want to know what triggered a motion sensor, or just check in on the kids or pets? Add a wireless camera and you’ll see it all from your smartphone. The INSTEON Wireless Security IP Camera feature pan/tilt control and night vision. Setting up this camera within the INSTEON for Hub app is the easiest setup routine that you’ve ever seen and anyone can do it. Read More
- Compatible with existing Z-Wave networks
- Lock/unlock remotely from web-enabled devices
- Receive text and email alerts when used
- View history of last 500 uses
- Touchscreen keypad
- Add up to 25 users and schedule when they have access
- Backlit keypad
The Yale Z-Wave Touchscreen Lever Lock is a silky smooth, high quality lever that will meet your expectations and then some. It can be locked or unlocked from web-enabled devices when near or far. This lock increases security to all parents by sending an e-mail or text message when the lever is used. Since each user can be assigned a different passcode, an alert will be sent when your child has used their passcode. The Lock can add up to 25 users and view history of the last 500 uses. It can be linked to events when a passcode code is used. For example, you can choose to activate a security camera or lighting for multiple rooms. This can all be made possible from work, the park, on vacation, or a business trip. Read More
Pool safety is extremely important, especially when there are small children present. We’ve got a few ideas and solutions for parents and families who worry about the possibility of their children accidentally falling into the pool when no one is around. Here are a few safety precautions to consider:
1. Hot Tubs may be small, but they are still dangerous to unmonitored children. Regardless of the size of the pool or hot tub, they still present a risk when it comes to small children.
2. NEVER “step away” and leave children unmonitored in the water – even for 1 minute. Things can go wrong in a matter of seconds and it is important that a responsible adult be present at all times when children are in the pool.
3. Use devices that can detect if something (or someone) has fallen into the pool and will immediately notify you with a loud alarm like the AquaGuard Pool Alarm System or the Safety Turtle Base with Wrist Band.
4. The old “No running” rule still stands. Keeping the pool area mellow significantly reduces the risk of accidentally falling into the pool. Making sure things stay calm around the pool area avoids the risk of a child slipping on the wet ground and possible falling into the pool unintentionally or accidentally bumping another child into the pool.
5. Make sure your children know to only swim when a lifeguard or a responsible adult is watching.
6. Keep a locked, sturdy fence around the pool area so that children cannot wander over to the pool without the guidance of an adult. A Wireless Gate Alarm Transmitter works with the Safety Turtle Base Station and will sound if the gate that it is installed in gets opened and the Yardlock Keyless Wood Gate Combination Lock Kit will ensure that no one without the gate code can enter the pool area.
7. Check the PoolSafely.gov checklist to be sure that your pool area meets all of the CSPC safety guidelines.